Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pioneer Woman Spare Ribs - Pinterest Find


These spare-ribs were quite possibly the best I have ever had! I had a craving for some slow roasted melt in your mouth beef. We had some spare ribs in the freezer so I poured over Pinterest and found this recipe for Braised Short Ribs on the Pioneer Woman's website. I used bacon instead of the pancetta as my supply was a frozen block in the freezer. The recipe is very easy to put together as long as you are prepared almost 3 hours of cooking time. Prep time will take you 20-30 minutes depending on our chopping skills.
The reduced sauce is also very tasty. I thickened mine up into a gravy with a basic roux of 2 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoon flour.
Roux
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of flour and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the butter-flour mixture has a slight toasty smell. Gradually add sauce from the short ribs until you have the desired thickness to your gravy. Drizzle over the short ribs and serve.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Definitely a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment