Thursday, April 3, 2014

Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Ever!


A trick I learned from my grandma a long time ago was that you can put bananas that are too ripe to eat, in the freezer for later use in baking. I had a few that I was looking to use and I found this recipe on Pinterest. I tweaked it a bit for my own tastes. Here is what I did.

For muffins:
cups all-purpose flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1teaspoon baking powder
½teaspoon salt
3bananas, mashed 
¾cup white sugar
1egg, lightly beaten
cup butter, melted
1/4teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
1/2cup chocolate chips


For Crumble:
cup packed brown sugar
2tablespoons all-purpose flour
Pinch ground cinnamon
1tablespoon butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine the bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, and vanilla and blend till smooth. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until all flour is incorporated. Stir chocolate chips into the batter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin filling 3/4 full.

For the crumble, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and cut in butter with a fork until it resembles cornmeal. Spoon desired amount over each of the uncooked muffins.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Hands down, some of the tastiest banana muffins I have ever had. I especially love the crispy crumble on top when they are fresh out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment