Sunday, September 25, 2011

Highlight of This Week's NRM

NRM = No Red Meat

We have finished week 2 of our no red meat during the week experiment.  The highlight of this week for me was a new recipe I pulled from the pages of People magazine!  I know surprised they have recipes?  Me too, but this one was yummy.  Since I can't find an online version I am going to post it for you and blame it on them for not creating a link for you to view.  It was found in the Sept. 5, 2011 issue.

Michael Buble's Rosemary Chicken Wings


2lbs Chicken wings, wingtips removed and separated into 2 pieces
10 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 head unpeeled garlic, quartered
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 350. Put chicken wings rosemary and garlic on a medium sheet pan. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, lemon pepper and olive oil. Toss together.
2. Bake for 35 minutes. Take the pan out the oven and turn on the broiler. Remove garlic and rosemary and set aside. Broil wings until golden, about 5 minutes.


***I did not have lemon pepper so I just used fresh ground black pepper. I also left the wings intact since we were eating it as a meal instead of an appetizer.  They were very good.  Instead of throwing out the roasted garlic, I cut the roasted clove in half and added them to the purple mashed potatoes.  It was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment